Monday 3 July 2017

Hiatus

Well, I've already had a little break from the blog, but I'm going to have a week or so more to decide what I really want to do with my life.

I can't live in this house anymore, however beautiful I've made it, however fruitful and lush the garden has become. The Cotswolds are becoming claustophobic, every time I look round another field is being turned into houses. Little houses crammed on top of each other without a breathing space.  Those who aren't moving are extending so the village is a constant thrumm of building machinery.

I remember the scree scree scree of the house martins as they sail across the summer sky. Now drowned out by diggers and pile drivers and the swearing of workmen wearing just shorts and a yellow armless jacket over massive beer bellies and tattooed legs.

If I lived in the middle of London for instance, jack hammers on the road, buses,heavy traffic and general noise would be something I had signed up for.  Been there done that - moved for a quiet life.  Not happening. 

Today I'm particularly frustrated as I can't get out of my road. Blocked by builders vans and cars. Ask them you say?

Tried, apparently they're all deaf and I'm invisible.

Anyway time to have a think - if I can with the constant thumping in the road and the dog barking next door.   I need to get out.  Need to feel a breeze that doesn't contain brick dust and cement. 

See you in a couple of weeks.

Keep well and safe,

 

No comments:

Post a Comment