Sunday 25 March 2018

The Heart of Overdown

It will be out tomorrow, my supernatural thriller, it gives me a pause and a chance to give my poor Overdown inhabitants a rest for a few months.

It has been one of the hardest to write, the research has been scary, and it has been a real mission to get it finished. 

Andy as usual made my pencil sketch into a wonderful book cover that glows off the page.

Life for me has always had it's spooky moments, and I have tried to incorporate that into everything I write.

Whether it be a phone call I took at 8am, from my father in hospital to tell mum he was all right. Followed by the Hospital ringing back at 9am, to say he'd died at 4am with a nurse holding his hand.

To playing guess the cards with my sisters hold up a playing card from the pack and one of the other girls had to guess it. We got it right so many times we got bored playing it. When I was working at the BBC I filmed a programme on probabilities, and the game we played should have been impossible!

Then there was the photo in my Cornish house with the ghosts - I asked them to all get in the photo, and they did, eight orbs of the men who died in the Levant mine under my house
in the 1960s. 

The weekend is over, and back to the next book A Farthing for Oxford, almost finished. No supernatural stuff in that, it's all about a midwife's life in the English Civil War.



No comments:

Post a Comment